Building heavy lifting: What is at stake?
Heavy lifting provides an alternative to the standard in-situ, crane lifting or sliding methods; it helps to overcome challenges related to:
- Weight: When the elements are too heavy for standard methods
- Access: When geometrical constraints are too challenging for a standard approach
- Time: When the construction needs to be completed within a short time period.
Heavy lifting technology relies on highly-controlled operations which reduce exposure of personnel to construction risks. This method also allows for better product quality as well as better and safer working conditions.
Our heavy lifting equipment is designed, assembled, and maintained in-house.
- the hardware and engineering required to incorporate the systems into the structure
- one of the largest assortments of strand jacks in the world
- qualified personnel to manage, supervise and operate equipment
- heavy lifting structural engineer experts and expertise
- assistance from all our technical centres
- complete solutions: combining heavy lifting with our other areas of expertise (stays, precast, bearings, etc.) to create a complete alternative construction scheme with innovative solutions
What are the VSL building heavy lifting solutions?
Our services cover everything from the initial concept to the engineering, planning, supplying of equipment, and execution – all while providing a flexible and adaptable approach to each and every project.
- Feasibility studies and preliminary consultation for lifting, lowering, sliding, skidding, tilting and jacking operations
- Project design and planning, equipment specification, scheduling and budgeting
- Design, manufacturing and the supply of specialist equipment and temporary structures
- Leasing and operations of VSL equipment
- Execution of the heavy lifting operation
DISCOVER THE VSL TECHNOLOGY