Overtime, buildings are subject to many external factors, including seismic activity, wind, vehicular traffic and human traffic. These external stressors often lead to building vibrations, deformations and cracks.
Dampers prevent structural deformation. Located at integral locations (where a structure is most subject to deformation), dampers reduce the amplitude of vibration – mitigating the structure’s movements and thereby preventing deformation.
VSL offers an extensive menu of tailor-made solutions for buildings requiring efficient damping.
To highlight, the VSL R-Damping system is a cost-effective state-of-the-art solution for building vibration mitigation. In fact, VSL R-dampers have the unique ability to instantly convert vibration energy into heat energy by utilizing shear deformation.
The VSL R-damper system has been granted Architectural Engineering Performance Certification by the General Building Research Corporation (GBRC) of Japan (VSL has managed many projects in Japan and Taiwan).
VSL R-dampers exhibit low dependencies on temperature, vibration frequency, and aging. They provide stable damping performance over the entire life of the structure, including protection against all ranges of vibrations and amplitudes ranging from mild wind vibrations to large earthquakes.
A design & build package including:
- Assessment of the current building vibrations
- Recommendation of appropriate damping solutions to mitigate the effects of the vibrations
- Design and integration of the VSL R-damper into the structure
- Supply and installation on site
- Inspection, maintenance and eventual replacement during the structure’s life – particularly after exceptional events (e.g. fire), Available as a retrofit solution for existing structures
- Execution of heavy lifting operations
DISCOVER THE VSL TECHNOLOGY