Industrial facilities seismic protection: What is at stake?
Earthquakes can seriously impact the integrity of an industrial facility.
Seismic protection and vibration control are the best strategies to protect liquid storage tanks, power plants and other industrial structures from events that can cause injuries, loss of functionality, fires or environmental contamination, all of which may ultimately damage the owner’s reputation.
VSL specializes in structures and constructability, providing:
– A fully integrated approach including design, product supply, manufacturing and execution to optimize overall cost
– The ability to deal with complexity in phasing / interfaces
– A specialist portfolio of proven, tested, durable and innovative product solutions – for example fire protection, bearings etc.
What are the VSL industrial facilities seismic protection solutions?
VSL can deliver:
– Damping solutions that optimize a structure’s strength and resistance threshold to ensure the safety of users;
– Improved user-experience in tall structures that may be exposed to seismic and wind loading;
– A proactive approach to identifying new technical and legal requirements;
– Consultation with a structural engineer in the early design phase to determine the best-for-project solution;
– Pricing of the supply and installation of the components at tender stage;
– Final supply of the product and installation services to the main or concrete contractor.