LNG tanks, water tanks, digesters, silos -all such industrial structures are likely to need repairs and strengthening operations in order to:
- Maintain the structure in operation;
- Add capacity to account for loss of post-tensioning forces over time, and bring it back to the required level;
- Add capacity due to higher loading levels;
- Meet new standards;
- Adapt the structure itself for a change of use.
In addition to monitoring, inspection and detection of slow and fast leaks, VSL can repair and strengthen all types of circular tanks:
- Strengthening: integration of additional post-tensioning strands after measurement of the existing forces;
- Concrete repairs, in particular cracks that causes leaks;
- Repairs to the lining and coating on the inside;
- Replacement of post-tensioning on the outside to strengthen or to replace tendons that have corroded.
Our expertise in repairs and strengthening of post-tensioned structures allows us to be flexible and to adapt to our client’s schedule on order to minimise disruption of service for any storage structure.